Highlights on Lake Bunyonyi Birding Tour
This 2 day Birding at Lake Bunyonyi is a wonderful experience you need to be part.
Bunyonyi is a local name meaning “the place of little birds”. Lake Bunyonyi takes its name from the abundant birdlife that call it home. Also is known as the ” Switzerland ” of Africa by the local where by over 200 species are found here. As you explore the historic lake dotted with little Islands and enjoy the breath-taking scenery.
Key Bird Species
Present around the lake are numerous water birds, woodland, forest dwellers and various migratory species. Key species include Pied kingfisher, Malachite kingfisher, Cinnamon-chested Bee eater, Bronzy sun bird, Pied wagtail, Grey shrike, Grey crowned crested crane, Hadada ibis, Swamp fly catcher, Black heron, Great cormorant, Fan-tailed widow bird, Streaky seed eater, Speckled mouse bird, Pin tailed whyder, Bronze manikin, Black-headed weaver and Golden-backed weaver.
What to You may need to carry for birding
- Insect repellent
- Garden gloves (for gorilla trekking)
- Sun hut
- Rain jacket
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Day pack to carry lunch and water
- Long trouser and long sleeved tops
Other Optional Adventurous activities
- Boat rides
- spot fishing
- Wild nature walks in the forests
- Cultural experience among the locals
- Camping safaris
- Bamboo guided walks
For the best experience to our customers, below services are guaranteed:
- Birding Permit
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)