Highlights about our Mgahinga Gorilla and Golden Monkey Trekking Safari
This 4 Days tour takes you to Mgahinga National Park to track the rare and endangered mountain gorillas, Besides Bwindi impenetrable national park Mgahinga also gives you same experience.
Mgahinga National Park is a small national park located in southwestern Uganda sharing boarders with Volcanoes National Park of Rwanda and Virunga National Park of the democratic republic of Congo. This beautiful but small national park is located in the district of Kisoro and bordering northern part of Rwanda. It is the only park in Uganda where mountain gorillas co-exist with golden monkeys naturally.
Other activities that you can consider in Mgahinga National park are: golden monkey trekking and habituation experience, batwa experience among others. While in Rwanda, one can easily organize Mgahinga gorilla and golden monkey treks from Kigali to Uganda through Encounter Africa safaris.
This is one of the best places in the world to see mountain gorillas up close. Having a look at these critically endangered creatures up close is an unforgettable experience – don’t miss it.
Items to pack for this Gorilla Trek Safari
- Hiking boots
- A rain jacket
- Gardening gloves
- Camera and extra batteries
- Pair of Binoculars
- Hat and Sun Glasses
- Long sleeved shirt or blouse
- Energy giving snacks and drinks
Some of Gorilla Tracking Guide lines
- Do not eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 meters from the gorillas.
- Do not get closer than 7 meters (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Do not use flash photography as they may scare the gorillas.
- Do not Make loud noise or move suddenly.
- No one with any sort of disease or communicable disease (e.g Flu) is allowed in the park.
- Always stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, do not surround them.
- No person under the age of 15 years is allowed to track gorillas
For the best experience to our customers, below services are guaranteed:
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)