Highlights on Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
This is 1 Day Uganda Safari to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary. Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, a place run by the Jane Goodall Institute, also well know as a home to orphaned and rescued chimpanzees, for both day and overnight visits to visitors which provides an exceptional opportunity to closely observe these fascinating great apes in a unique setting.
Surrounded by the peaceful waters of Lake Victoria, Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary is home to 49 orphaned chimpanzees rescued from across East Africa. Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Wildlife Conservation Trust (Chimpanzee Trust), an NGO, is responsible for all aspects of the sanctuary. Deeply committed to and involved in both field conservation and community education, Ngamba work closely with the Ugandan government and wildlife authorities.
Items to pack for this Chimp Tour
- Hiking boots
- A rain jacket
- Gardening gloves
- Camera and extra batteries
- Pair of Binoculars
- Hat and Sun Glasses
- Long sleeved shirt or blouse
- Energy giving snacks and drinks
Some of Chimpanzee Tour Guide lines
- A distance of just about 8 metres is very important between you and the chimps.
- People with diseases such as flue or diarrhea may not allowed in the park.
- Avoid eating near the chimps.
- Children below the age of 12 are prohibited from entering the park.
- Guide is the only one to help get access to the forest.
- Chimps need freedom therefore no provoking them once you enter the park.
- Flash photography are not allowed in the park.
Other activities at Ngamba
- Chimpanzee feeding
- Challenge the chimp critical thinking
- Chimp Nest preparation
- Visiting the fishing villages
- Sunset cruise
- Community Cultural experience
- Boat cruise
- local Fishing and Borne Fire
For the best experience to our customers, below services are guaranteed:
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)